SEATTLE, Wash. - Officials expected hundreds of people to pack the Seattle City Hall lobby Monday afternoon for the swearing-in ceremony for new officials, including gay Mayor Ed Murray and Socialist city council member Kshama Sawant.
Other city council members and the city attorney also will be sworn-in.
Sawant told KIRO (http://bit.ly/1eBKbp4 ) her speech will note a historic change.
Sawant won office with a promise to push for a $15 an hour minimum wage for all workers, and Murray has ordered a $15 minimum wage for city employees.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position