Butte, MT - A new nonprofit corporation has been formed to carry out Evel Knievel Days in Butte after previous organizers backed out during a struggle over control of the festival with Knievel's family.
Attorney Rick Orizotti says Evel Knievel Days Inc., was recently formed to plan, promote and conduct Evel Knievel Days in Butte each year. This year's event is set for July 24-26.
Eleven people have been named to the board of directors including Knievel's former wife, Krystal Knievel. They plan to meet this week.
The dispute over the festival began when Kelly Knievel sought a new licensing agreement with Butte-Silver Bow County for the use of his father's name. Organizers with Evel Knievel Week Inc., backed out last week, in part over threats Kelly Knievel made to its executive director.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives