STANLEY, Idaho - A Nevada man has been rescued from the White Cloud Mountains in central Idaho after tumbling about 40 feet down a scree chute and smashing into rocks.
KTVB-TV reports that search and rescue teams reached 62-year-old Dennis Dombroski of Reno at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Dombroski and a friend were hiking Sunday near Washington Lake when Dombroski fell and sustained a broken leg, cuts and bruises.
An Idaho Army National Guard helicopter lifted him out of the remote and rugged area.
He was then flown to a hospital in Boise where he was listed in stable condition.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives