STANLEY, Idaho - A Nevada man has been rescued from the White Cloud Mountains in central Idaho after tumbling about 40 feet down a scree chute and smashing into rocks.
KTVB-TV reports that search and rescue teams reached 62-year-old Dennis Dombroski of Reno at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Dombroski and a friend were hiking Sunday near Washington Lake when Dombroski fell and sustained a broken leg, cuts and bruises.
An Idaho Army National Guard helicopter lifted him out of the remote and rugged area.
He was then flown to a hospital in Boise where he was listed in stable condition.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance