SALKUM, Wash. - A 56-year-old man shot and killed a 28-year-old in a confrontation over the shooting of a neighborhood dog in the Lewis County town of Salkum.
Deputies were told the 28-year-old accused the other man of shooting the dog Saturday night, yelling and refusing to leave.
The 56-year-old armed himself and shot the younger man in a fight. He was pronounced dead at Providence Centralia Hospital.
Deputies believe he had gone to the wrong home in error. The 56-year-old cooperated with investigators and was not arrested.
It's unknown who shot the dog, which is still alive.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th