SEATTLE - A new submarine is being officially named the USS Washington.
Gov. Jay Inslee and Navy Secretary Ray Mabus are leading Thursday's ceremony in Seattle.
Inslee's office says it's the first Navy vessel to carry the state's name since a World War II battleship.
The nuclear-powered submarine is 377 feet long and carries cruise missiles.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car