SEATTLE - A new submarine is being officially named the USS Washington.
Gov. Jay Inslee and Navy Secretary Ray Mabus are leading Thursday's ceremony in Seattle.
Inslee's office says it's the first Navy vessel to carry the state's name since a World War II battleship.
The nuclear-powered submarine is 377 feet long and carries cruise missiles.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time