BUHL, Idaho - Federal officials say they've purchased 8 acres in south-central Idaho to establish a national cemetery.
The Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration announced Tuesday that it bought the property in Buhl from a private owner for $51,250.
Interim Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs Ronald E. Walters in a statement says the new cemetery will help the agency reach veterans in rural parts of Idaho.
The cemetery is being developed as part of the National Cemetery Administration Rural Initiative program.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march