BUHL, Idaho - Federal officials say they've purchased 8 acres in south-central Idaho to establish a national cemetery.
The Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration announced Tuesday that it bought the property in Buhl from a private owner for $51,250.
Interim Under Secretary for Memorial Affairs Ronald E. Walters in a statement says the new cemetery will help the agency reach veterans in rural parts of Idaho.
The cemetery is being developed as part of the National Cemetery Administration Rural Initiative program.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017