BOISE, Idaho - A 46-year-old Nampa man has been sentenced to nine months in prison for stealing nearly 10,000 pounds of sandstone from Bureau of Land Management lands.
U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson says Brian Kirkpatrick was sentenced Monday in U.S. District Court in Boise.
He must also serve three years of supervised probation after prison.
Prosecutors say Kirkpatrick started stealing the sandstone in November 2012 and selling it commercially for landscape projects.
U.S. District Court Judge Edward Lodge also ordered Kirkpatrick to pay $1,472 in restitution, as well as $146 in restitution for a probation violation.
Lodge also ordered him to pay another $950 in fines and a special assessment.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting