BOISE, Idaho - A 46-year-old Nampa man has been sentenced to nine months in prison for stealing nearly 10,000 pounds of sandstone from Bureau of Land Management lands.
U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson says Brian Kirkpatrick was sentenced Monday in U.S. District Court in Boise.
He must also serve three years of supervised probation after prison.
Prosecutors say Kirkpatrick started stealing the sandstone in November 2012 and selling it commercially for landscape projects.
U.S. District Court Judge Edward Lodge also ordered Kirkpatrick to pay $1,472 in restitution, as well as $146 in restitution for a probation violation.
Lodge also ordered him to pay another $950 in fines and a special assessment.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position