NAMPA, Idaho - A Nampa fire department captain is still recovering from injuries suffered when he was attacked while riding his bike in a Meridian park last month.
Deputy Fire Chief Doug Strosnider told the Idaho Press-Tribune Thursday that Capt. Chris Cade still has trouble speaking after the apparently random attack.
Cade suffered damage to his mouth and teeth, a collapsed lung, a broken rib and collar bone and a fractured shoulder bone.
Strosnider says Cade's face will have to fully heal before he can wear a fire mask.
A 23-year-old man, Sean Carnell, is charged for the 90-minute spree of violence on Aug. 20 in which he's also alleged to have kicked a dog, punched a teen, beat up a construction worker with a shovel and tipped over a man in a wheelchair.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line