TWIN FALLS, Idaho - The names of two men in a south-central Idaho murder-suicide that authorities say involved jealousy over a woman have been released.
The Twin Falls County coroner on Monday says 36-year-old Troy Anderson shot and killed 42-year-old Benjamin Day on Saturday in Twin Falls and then shot himself.
Twin Falls County Prosecutor Grant Loebs says it appears the ex-boyfriend killed the current boyfriend.
The Times-News reports that police on Saturday morning responded to a report of a drunk man with a gun, and while investigating heard a woman screaming and several shots fired.
The woman told police her children were in the house. Police say they broke in a basement window to rescue a child and once inside saw Anderson kill himself.
Police say the children weren't harmed.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent