TWIN FALLS, Idaho - The names of two men in a south-central Idaho murder-suicide that authorities say involved jealousy over a woman have been released.
The Twin Falls County coroner on Monday says 36-year-old Troy Anderson shot and killed 42-year-old Benjamin Day on Saturday in Twin Falls and then shot himself.
Twin Falls County Prosecutor Grant Loebs says it appears the ex-boyfriend killed the current boyfriend.
The Times-News reports that police on Saturday morning responded to a report of a drunk man with a gun, and while investigating heard a woman screaming and several shots fired.
The woman told police her children were in the house. Police say they broke in a basement window to rescue a child and once inside saw Anderson kill himself.
Police say the children weren't harmed.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position