LEWISTON, Idaho - A northern Idaho man charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of another man has pleaded not guilty.
The Lewiston Tribune reports that the attorney for 27-year-old Christopher J. Partee entered the plea Tuesday in 2nd District Court.
Partee is charged with shooting 41-year-old Coby J. Bloodsworth on Feb 11 at a mobile home in Peck during an argument at Partee's residence.
Nez Perce County prosecutors say Bloodsworth and Partee were involved in an argument at a gas station that continued at Partee's mobile home.
Partee said Bloodsworth threatened him so he pointed a gun at Bloodsworth's feet. He said he shot Bloodsworth in the chest when Bloodsworth moved aggressively toward him.
A jury trial is set for July 7. Partee remains in custody on $250,000 bond.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday