LEWISTON, Idaho - A federal grand jury in northern Idaho has indicted a 37-year-old Lapwai man on one count of first-degree murder.
Raymond Scott Jr. is accused of killing 42-year-old William G. Reich with a hammer or other weapon in July.
Prosecutors say that Scott left Reich for dead in Reich's home in Lapwai after the attack.
The Lewiston Tribune reports in a story on Thursday that the federal indictment says Reich's injuries included a fractured skull and a laceration to the brain.
The FBI investigated because Scott and Reich are members of the Nez Perce Tribe and the death occurred on the Nez Perce Reservation.
Under federal law, Scott faces up to life in prison.
- 175+ "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire