LEWISTON, Idaho - Thirty-eight northern Idaho residents who didn't show up for jury duty will have to explain their reasons to a judge on Monday.
Nearly half the jury pool failed to appear for a July 28 trial for a 19-year-old man charged with rape in 2nd District Court. As a result, the trial has been delayed for five months.
Judge Jeff M. Brudie called for the meeting with jurors to gauge how much the current court system is to blame for the no-shows.
Court officials say the system requires potential jurors to call before a trial or check the Nez Perce County website.
But Nez Perce County Clerk-Auditor Patty O. Weeks tells the Lewiston Tribune that potential jurors often forget.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image