NEZPERCE, Idaho - An Idaho County Sheriff's deputy who authorities say engaged in lewd and lascivious contact with a 16-year-old girl will be arraigned Jan. 9 in 2nd District Court on a charge of felony sexual battery.
The Lewiston Tribune reports that Daniel L. Funderburg, 31, of Kamiah waived his right to a preliminary hearing. He's being held at the Lewis County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
Prosecutors allege Funderburg became involved with a 16-year-old girl last summer and told investigators that he had sex with the girl at his house.
Funderburg has been placed on administrative leave.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march