KENNEWICK, Wash. - One of the two Benton City teens accused of stabbing a man to death last September in a church parking lot pleaded guilty Thursday to second-degree murder and burglary for his role in the crime.
Nineteen-year-old Noel A. Gonzalez says he knew a friend planned to attack Michael Edwards and rob his home. With his guilty plea, Gonzalez avoids trial on a first-degree murder charge. He'll be sentenced next week.
The Tri-City Herald reports the second defendant, Noah M. Matlack, faces trial on a first-degree murder charge in April in Benton County Superior Court.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car