Portland, OR - The Multnomah County Republican Party has apologized for publicizing a gun raffle in honor of Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln and the U.S. Constitution.
The Oregonian reports the Republicans said they were sorry if anyone was hurt by the wording of the press release announcing the raffle.
The party said it would try to communicate more clearly in the future and learn from the experience.
The raffle had been announced around the time of a February dinner honoring King and Lincoln, both of whom were killed by assassins using guns.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home