Portland, OR - The Multnomah County Republican Party has apologized for publicizing a gun raffle in honor of Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln and the U.S. Constitution.
The Oregonian reports the Republicans said they were sorry if anyone was hurt by the wording of the press release announcing the raffle.
The party said it would try to communicate more clearly in the future and learn from the experience.
The raffle had been announced around the time of a February dinner honoring King and Lincoln, both of whom were killed by assassins using guns.
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- Whitworth students caught in DC protest
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car