PORTLAND, Ore. - A reported shooting at a northwest Portland home Tuesday was a prank.
The unsuspecting people inside were surprised to see officers outside the home with guns drawn.
The Multnomah County sheriff's office told KGW that so-called "swatting" is a dangerous prank that wastes resources. Investigators are looking for the person responsible for the hoax.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns