BOISE, Idaho - Wildlife officials say a mountain lion attacked a dog in the backyard of a home on the west side of Boise.
Idaho Fish and Game conservation officer Bill London investigated and confirmed the homeowner's report of the attack Wednesday morning before daylight.
The homeowner says the lion for a time crouched on the back porch.
London says it's likely a yearling lion on its own for the first time.
The agency says the German shorthaired pointer survived and is being treated for injuries that weren't specified.
The agency says it's not clear where the mountain lion went, and area pet owners should turn on flood lights when putting pets outside early in the morning.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school