Pendleton, OR - Police retrieved an 80-year-old motorist who walked into the Pendleton hills following an argument with his wife.
An Oregon State Police spokesman says the couple had the dispute while traveling on Interstate 84. The husband then stopped the car along the freeway and started walking.
The man has a heart condition, and his 79-year-old wife called police when he didn't return.
Several troopers with binoculars searched the rolling hills without finding the man. A Life Flight helicopter joined the search Tuesday and spotted him around 7 p.m. Officers then walked him back to the freeway, where he and his wife returned to their trip.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home