TACOMA, Wash. - A motor home that fatally crashed down outdoor steps at the University of Washington-Tacoma had just been sold with a warning it was not safe to drive.
Police found the bill of sale in the wreckage that said the 18-foot motor home should be towed.
The News Tribune reports 65-year-old Peggy Wilby of Shoreline had called her daughter and said she was trying to pull over because the brakes weren't working.
Wilby was ejected and killed Monday as the runaway vehicle sped out of control.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital