Portland, OR - Portland plans to turn more parking places into restaurant seating.
The Bureau of Transportation plans to add up to 10 businesses to the city's Street Seats program, which expects eight already in the program to renew. Spokeswoman Diane Dulken says community members love it because it brings life to the streets.
The Oregonian reports the program began in 2012 with three restaurants.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods