Portland, OR - Portland plans to turn more parking places into restaurant seating.
The Bureau of Transportation plans to add up to 10 businesses to the city's Street Seats program, which expects eight already in the program to renew. Spokeswoman Diane Dulken says community members love it because it brings life to the streets.
The Oregonian reports the program began in 2012 with three restaurants.
- Former NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal says she can't find job
- Childcare advocates ask Washington lawmakers to invest more in childcare
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime