HELENA, Mont. - Montana's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate increased by one-tenth of a percentage point to 4.3 percent in August.
The national unemployment rate has remained 4.9 percent since June.
Labor Commissioner Pam Bucy said Tuesday that Montana experienced job growth through the beginning of the year, but the growth has since moderated due to weakness in the energy sector.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March