GARDINER, Mont. - The Park County Sheriff's Office in southwestern Montana is investigating an apparent murder-suicide in Gardiner.
The Billings Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/O623An) that deputies and Yellowstone National Park rangers responded Thursday to a home after a woman reported a man had shot at her and was trying to break in.
Authorities say they found the man dead and a woman still alive but who died at the scene.
Authorities identified them Friday as 63-year-old Steve A. Cole and 59-year-old Debi J. Roberts.
Undersheriff Scott Hamilton says autopsies are planned in Bozeman. He didn't provide a possible cause of death.
Authorities say Cole and Roberts had previously been in a relationship, and that Cole had a previous charge of domestic violence.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th