BOISE, Idaho - Idaho State Police seized about $30,000 worth of marijuana and cocaine after a routine traffic stop turned into a big drug bust.
Two people from Montana were arrested on U.S. Interstate 86 near American Falls: 20-year-old Joseph Bohan and 18-year-old Kelci Reynolds, both from Red Lodge.
Troopers say they pulled over the Dodge Neon being driven by Bohan at about 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning for an unspecified "routine traffic violation."
During the investigation, however, authorities say that 6.3 pounds of marijuana and 8.4 grams of cocaine were discovered in the vehicle.
Bohan and Reynolds were arrested on suspicion of felony drug trafficking.
The Power County Sheriff's Office helped out during the arrests.
- Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane