BOZEMAN, Mont. - Authorities say a 50-year-old Bozeman man was attacked twice by bear attending to her cub on Saturday and was able to drive to drive himself to a hospital.
Madison County Sheriff Roger Thompson says the first attack occurred Saturday morning. The man roll into a ball to play dead and the bear chewed on him. The man suffered a fractured arm when the bear jumped on him.
The man headed back to the trailhead and was attacked again, apparently by the same bear. After the second attack, the bear wandered away and the man escaped.
The Montana Standard reports authorities found a lot of blood in the man's vehicle, but he's apparently going to be OK.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured