GREAT FALLS, Mont. - Cascade County officials say a Montana City man drowned after a boating accident on the Missouri River between Helena and Great Falls.
Sheriff's Lt. Bob Rosipal says 44-year-old Marc Allan Jorgensen died Monday morning in the Dearborn area.
Rosipal says Jorgensen and two other men were on the boat when it entered some rapids. The men deployed the anchor to try to help control the boat. When the anchor caught the bottom of the river, it caused the boat to tip and fill with water.
The three men jumped out and tried to swim to shore. Jorgensen did not make it. Rosipal says none of the men were wearing life jackets.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone