GREAT FALLS, Mont. - Cascade County officials say a Montana City man drowned after a boating accident on the Missouri River between Helena and Great Falls.
Sheriff's Lt. Bob Rosipal says 44-year-old Marc Allan Jorgensen died Monday morning in the Dearborn area.
Rosipal says Jorgensen and two other men were on the boat when it entered some rapids. The men deployed the anchor to try to help control the boat. When the anchor caught the bottom of the river, it caused the boat to tip and fill with water.
The three men jumped out and tried to swim to shore. Jorgensen did not make it. Rosipal says none of the men were wearing life jackets.
- Potholes keeping Spokane crews busy
- Federal judge says he is inclined to let lawsuit proceed
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Stripper pleads guilty to running multi-state drug ring
- Study: Idaho natural gas and oil taxes below many states
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes