BILLINGS, Mont. - A Billings woman is charged with intentionally hitting her 12-year-old son with her car.
The Billings Gazette reports 34-year-old Elvira Najar was arrested early Thursday and appeared in Justice Court on a charge of assault with a weapon. Her bail was set at $7,500.
Court records say the boy told police he had been in a car with one of his friends and his mother, who was upset because she thought he was spending time with his father.
The boy said he got out of the car and his mother drove up onto a curb and hit him, knocking him down.
The boy's friend said Najar told her son: "I brought (you) into the world ... I can take you out, and I don't care if I go to jail for it."
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school