MISSOULA, Mont. - Authorities say a 64-year-old Missoula man died while fishing the Clark Fork River near Milltown.
Missoula County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Paige Pavalone tells the Missoulian that the man and his son were fishing when the man went into the water near the old Milltown Dam at about 4:50 p.m. Friday.
Missoula Rural Fire District Battalion Chief Greg Orr says the son performed CPR and the man was later taken to St. Patrick Hospital.
Pavalone says the cause of death hasn't been confirmed.
The man's name hasn't been released.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home