Missoula, MT - A Missoula man is charged with negligent endangerment after prosecutors say he jumped off a bridge over the Clark Fork River and landed on another man, causing serious injuries.
The Missoulian reports the charge against 20-year-old Corey Allen Hewitt was filed in Justice Court on Jan. 2. He is scheduled to make an initial appearance on Jan. 21.
Charging documents say Hewitt jumped off a bridge on July 21 and landed on Andy Hill, who was floating in an inner-tube. Hill was briefly unconscious and suffered a fractured femur, chipped bones in both legs and torn ligaments in both knees.
Officers who interviewed Hewitt said he acknowledged he did not look upstream before jumping off the bridge, which is posted with signs that say jumping from the bridge is prohibited.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March