LYNNWOOD, Wash. - A 14-year-old developmentally disabled girl who disappeared Wednesday while riding her bicycle in Snohomish was spotted with a man Thursday morning by an employee at a Lynnwood grocery store.
Lynnwood police say the 60-year-old man was arrested on an unrelated criminal trespass warrant issued by Everett District Court. He's held in the county jail in Everett while the Snohomish County sheriff's office investigates. His relationship to the girl is unknown.
The sheriff's office says Elizabeth Harwood was not injured but was taken to a hospital for evaluation. She went missing while riding her bike to a friend's house in Snohomish, which is about 15 miles from Lynnwood.
The sheriff's office said Elizabeth has the mental capacity of a younger child.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'