PORT TOWNSEND, Wash. - A police task force looking for a Sequim woman who disappeared in Port Townsend now believes she left the Olympic Peninsula on her own.
Port Townsend Officer Luke Bogues told the Peninsula Daily News detectives have followed up on dozens of tips about Lauryn R. Garrett. They believe she's in the Seattle-Everett area and was not a crime victim.
Detectives would like to talk with her to make sure she's OK, and her family is anxious to hear from her.
The 23-year-old was last seen May 1 at a park-and-ride in Port Townsend as she was on her way home from Sedro-Woolley. Police agencies formed a task force including the FBI to look for her.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday