FRIDAY HARBOR, Wash. - Investigators are checking surveillance video from the Washington state ferry system to see if they can confirm a report that a missing Dundee, Oregon, woman was spotted Friday on the ferry out of Anacortes to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands.
A couple who notified deputies told KPTV they saw a woman matching Jennifer Huston's description driving a car that matched Huston's car, including a cracked windshield.
San Juan County Undersheriff Bruce Distler says the tip is worth checking out.
The 38-year-old woman was last seen last July 24 running errands. A search was conducted in Yamhill County, Oregon, and along the Willamette River.
Huston's family says she spent time in the San Juans in the past. She grew up in Tacoma and Gig Harbor.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home