Salem, OR - A 10-foot boa constrictor that got away from its Salem owner has been located -- in the wall.
The sheriff's office reported late last month that the owner feared the snake named Nomad had gotten out a second-story window and might be loose in the neighborhood.
So, authorities searched for it and, since boa constrictors crush their prey, urged residents to be mindful of children and pets until it was found.
The sheriff's office said Wednesday it appears the female snake crawled through a hole and stayed inside the wall.
The owners told deputies they'd bought a better cage.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'