GIG HARBOR, Wash. - The Pierce County sheriff's office says a driver who sped at a deputy is lucky he was only grazed by one of the bullets the deputy fired into his car Friday morning near Gig Harbor.
Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says when the suspect was later arrested he had a 4-inch graze wound on his back and the shredded bullet was caught in his coat.
Neighbors had asked deputies to check on a possible break-in at a vacant home near Gig Harbor. Troyer says deputies found squatters in the house, growing marijuana.
One man came speeding out at the deputy who shot into the car. The deputy was not hurt. The driver was chased to Tacoma where he was arrested.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th