SEATTLE - King County prosecutors have dropped a rape charge filed against a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman working as a janitor in his Microsoft office in Redmond.
Attorney Todd Maybrown says the charge was dismissed July 3 after investigators learned the woman had previously falsely claimed she had been raped by an ex-boyfriend.
Maybrown told the seattlepi.com his client, 37-year-old Vineet Kumar Srivastava, is trying to reclaim his life after nearly a year of being accused as a sex offender.
Srivastava said they had consensual sex last July in his office where he worked as a program manager for Microsoft.
Maybrown faulted police and prosecutors for failing to investigate the accuser to learn about her earlier allegations.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position