BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Police in the town of Blaine, Washington, near the Canadian border found a car in a bank parking lot on July 2 that had been stolen in Miami just about two days earlier.
The Bellingham Herald reports the thief was in a hurry. According to Google Maps it would take 50 hours to drive the 3,400 miles nonstop.
Police don't know who took the black 2012 Jeep Patriot or why they sped from one corner of the country to the other.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march