MEDFORD, Ore. - Police say two Medford officers shot and killed a man who fired a shotgun at a third officer.
Chief Tim George tells the Medford Mail Tribune (http://bit.ly/1olkLiq ) that officers were approaching the man Sunday afternoon on foot and in an armored vehicle when he fired.
Residents on the western outskirts of Medford said the man was walking along the street yelling and brandishing the shotgun. Police say he also had two handguns and "substantial ammunition."
Police identified the man Monday as 52 -year-old Stephen Andrew McMilon of Medford.
Earlier in the day, officers had questioned him when they got a report of a disturbance but concluded no crime had been committed.
Detectives from regional agencies have begun an investigation of the shooting. The officers involved are on paid administrative leave.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car