Medford, OR - Medford city officials agreed to pay former Fire-Rescue Chief Dave Bierwiler nearly $72,000 to head off a potential age discrimination lawsuit.
City Manager Eric Swanson released the termination agreement Wednesday at the request of the Mail Tribune.
The city denies it fired the 63-year-old because of his age. Swanson says the settlement avoids litigation that could have cost more.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties