Medford, OR - Medford city officials agreed to pay former Fire-Rescue Chief Dave Bierwiler nearly $72,000 to head off a potential age discrimination lawsuit.
City Manager Eric Swanson released the termination agreement Wednesday at the request of the Mail Tribune.
The city denies it fired the 63-year-old because of his age. Swanson says the settlement avoids litigation that could have cost more.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather