Medford, OR - Medford police arrested a 27-year-old man accused of beating his roommate and then engaging in a standoff with officers.
Lt. Mike Budreau says Thomas Molia hit the roommate with his hands, fists and a wooden closet rod after an argument got out of hand.
Budreau says the roommate walked to a hospital Wednesday, but couldn't make it to the entrance and collapsed in the parking lot. Budreau says the man had head injuries and several broken fingers.
Police went to the apartment and needed hours to persuade the suspect to surrender.
Neighbors told the Mail Tribune newspaper that the men were typically quiet and friendly.
Molia was booked into jail on charges of assault and menacing.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured