MCCALL, Idaho - City officials in central Idaho have approved allowing restaurants with five or fewer locations to open in McCall.
KTVB-TV reports that the resort town had previously only allowed restaurants with more than one location to make up just 10 percent of restaurants inside the city limits.
City council members approved the new ordinance during their Nov. 3 meeting.
Owners of a family-owned breakfast restaurant had been fighting to open a new location in McCall, but faced roadblocks because McCall officials said they had no more room for chains. The Griddle has locations in Meridian, Eagle and Boise.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time