MCCALL, Idaho - City officials in central Idaho have approved allowing restaurants with five or fewer locations to open in McCall.
KTVB-TV reports that the resort town had previously only allowed restaurants with more than one location to make up just 10 percent of restaurants inside the city limits.
City council members approved the new ordinance during their Nov. 3 meeting.
Owners of a family-owned breakfast restaurant had been fighting to open a new location in McCall, but faced roadblocks because McCall officials said they had no more room for chains. The Griddle has locations in Meridian, Eagle and Boise.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives