Portland, OR - The newest police dog with TriMet's Transit Police is aptly named.
Max is a 2-year-old Labrador mix, now patrolling MAX light rail trains, as well as other TriMet facilities and buses.
KPTV reports the dog was named Max before joining the Canine Explosive Detection Unit.
He received federal certification in February through the Transportation Security Administration's National Explosives Detection Canine Team Program.
Max is partnered with Transit Police Sgt. Jim Simms and takes over for Rexo who recently retired after seven years.
Both Max and Rexo live with Simms.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march