TACOMA, Wash. - One of the last major shipyards in Tacoma may be closing next month after 90 years of building vessels on the Thea Foss Waterway.
The News Tribune reports J.M. Martinac Shipbuilding Corp. faces a foreclosure auction on July 18 unless it finds new business or an investor.
It owes $415,000 in payments and fees on a $5.4 million loan.
Since 1924, the shipyard has constructed 256 vessels. That last one left the shipyard a year ago.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force