BENTON CITY, Wash. - The Benton County sheriff's office suspects a man had been drinking and accidentally fell into an irrigation canal near Benton City.
His body was found Wednesday on a weed screen at a Bureau of Reclamation power station.
He was identified by county officials as 31-year-old Alvaro Lopez-Ivarra from the community of Whitstran.
The Tri-City Herald reports he walked away Tuesday from a house near the Kennewick Irrigation District canal.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home