BOISE, Idaho - A standoff between a man with a small child and the Boise police has ended peacefully.
Police were called to a Boise home Monday afternoon by someone who said the man was acting dangerously and erratically around his 14-month-old baby. The officers who responded to the home found the man in the basement with his child.
Police spokeswoman Lynn Hightower wrote in a press release that officers suspected the man may be under the influence of drugs and feared that he had access to weapons. Crisis negotiators talked to the man for several hours before he surrendered peacefully at about 11:30 p.m. and handed the child over to officers.
The baby has since been placed in protective custody.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting