KALISPELL, Mont. - A Kalispell man who escaped from the Mineral County jail last week and was arrested in his hometown made a failed attempt to liberate himself from the Flathead County jail.
Sheriff Chuck Curry says 27-year-old Zachary Bergman kicked in the ceiling of his maximum security cell Thursday night, but could get no farther due to security features in the building. Staffers found him in the ceiling.
Bergman escaped from the Mineral County jail in Superior on Sept. 25. He had been arrested for a car theft.
He was arrested in Kalispell five days later.
Curry says Bergman faces additional charges for the escape attempt.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured