SEATTLE, Wash. - Police say a man waving a gun was shot by an officer Monday night at a bus stop just south of downtown Seattle.
Medics took the man to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with life-threatening injuries.
Police say officers responded to a report of a man with a gun about 9:40 p.m. and he continued to brandish the gun in the presence of officers. He was shot by an officer with a rifle.
KIRO reports that under a new policy a monitoring team also responded to the police shooting to make certain the investigation followed all the rules.
- Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane