Eugene, OR - A Eugene, Ore., man is suing a local church where he says his mother fell on a wet floor and broke her leg three months before she died.
The Register-Guard reports that Jesse Breeden's wrongful death lawsuit alleges that First Christian Church of Thurston officials are to blame for the injury. Breeden contends the injury caused medical complications that led to his 68-year-old mother's death in 2012.
He's seeking $775,000 in the lawsuit filed this week in Lane County Circuit Court.
The lawsuit alleges that Springfield resident Kay Breeden's leg injury caused a blood clot and a fatal brain hemorrhage, and ultimately led to her death.
The newspaper says church officials did not respond to requests for comment.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march