Eugene, OR - Eugene fire officials say a man smoking a cigar in bed earlier this week had a stroke, and the burning cigar caused a fire he couldn't escape.
The Register-Guard reports the man was in his 70s and lived in the house with his mother, in her 90s. She escaped.
The fire broke out about 11 p.m. Monday. Officials haven't identified the residents of the house in South Eugene.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line