Springfield, OR - Springfield authorities say a 27-year-old man shot several times in a Wal-Mart parking lot is expected to survive.
The Eugene Register-Guard reported that two 20-year-old suspects from Cottage Grover were arraigned Monday.
The paper did not identify the victim. Police Sgt. David Lewis said the man has been removed from a hospital's intensive care unit, and "his condition has been upgraded."
Prosecutors charged Anthony James Hillenius with attempted murder, assault and robbery. A second suspect, Cory Lee Michael Monpas, was charged with robbery, assault and attempting to elude.
Lewis said the shooting victim and a second man had agreed to meet the two suspects Saturday in the parking lot to carry out a drug deal.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns