SALEM, Ore. - A man shot by a Salem police officer has died.
Police say 47-year-old Michael Conley died late Wednesday at the Salem Hospital. An autopsy is planned.
Police said Conley came at Officer David Baker with a knife Wednesday morning and wouldn't obey orders to drop it.
The district attorney's office says Baker's shot hit Conley in the head.
Baker was responding to a call about a domestic dispute. Neither the officer nor Conley's wife was hurt.
Under police procedure, Baker is on leave while an investigation is carried out.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position