SALEM, Ore. - A man shot by a Salem police officer has died.
Police say 47-year-old Michael Conley died late Wednesday at the Salem Hospital. An autopsy is planned.
Police said Conley came at Officer David Baker with a knife Wednesday morning and wouldn't obey orders to drop it.
The district attorney's office says Baker's shot hit Conley in the head.
Baker was responding to a call about a domestic dispute. Neither the officer nor Conley's wife was hurt.
Under police procedure, Baker is on leave while an investigation is carried out.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting