EVERETT, Wash. - A Mukilteo man has been sentenced to nearly 3 years in prison for breaking his 5-week-old son's bones.
The Daily Herald reports 25-year-old Andre Ash was sentenced Thursday as part of a plea deal. The judge also ordered Ash not to have any contact with his son for a decade.
The baby's grandmother took him to get medical care last year when she noticed a lump on his head. Doctors say he also had broken ribs, a fractured skull and a broken arm and leg.
They concluded the boy had gotten the injuries by abuse.
Mukilteo police reported that Ash admitted that he shook his son and also told detectives he may have fractured the boy's ribs when he was squeezing him.
Ash later insisted that he gave police a false confession because he wanted the boy to stay with his mother.
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017
- WSU issues reminder to leave young wildlife alone